By Vladimir Silva
"Wolfenstein 3D"-like and "Doom"-like online game apps are a number of the classic Android video games offered within the unique version of this ebook. because their free up, Android has advanced with the debut of Android 4.0, including greater fonts, new person Interface and adventure (UI/UX) APIs, tablet concerns, multi-touch services, multi-tasking, quicker functionality, and lots more and plenty extra to the Android video game app development repertoire.
Multi-touch code provides those video games and their avid gamers dynamic enter and trade ability, for a extra life like arcade online game experience. Faster and higher functionality deals online game avid gamers a extra seamless, enjoyable arcade adventure like by no means sooner than on Android. there's additionally more suitable local C/C++ integration with Android's NDK in addition, which makes coding, compiling, and changing both productive and effective with earnings in app performance.
With actionable real-world source, Advanced Android 4 Games shows you the way to construct extra refined and addictive Android video games, harnessing the facility of those contemporary developments.
* assurance of the new UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking beneficial properties on hand with Android 4.0.
* study different suggestions for bettering the game enjoying adventure together with wireless tethering, greater multi-tasking, new and higher streaming net video utilizing WebM, and extra.
* via combining the stylish object-oriented positive aspects of Java and the uncooked strength of C, there is not any restrict to the kinds of video games so that you can construct for the platform, reminiscent of the "Quake 3D"-like game app case examine during this book.
You’ll certainly rejoice, and maybe you’ll even make a few funds. take pleasure in!
<What you’ll learn> * Key complex Android gaming innovations utilizing the recent Android SDK 4 to support you earn more cash within the app shops
* the way to bring together local code (C) in Android utilizing the NDK
* the best way to upload and combine multi-touch
* How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
* extra gaming methods and information, reminiscent of hybrid 3D portraits with OpenGL and JNI
* the right way to port and increase a second shooter online game app just like "Wolfenstein" for Android
* the best way to port and increase one other second shooter "Doom"-like video game app for Android utilizing OpenGL
* tips on how to construct a 3D shooter video game like "Quake"
* How and the place to most sensible set up those video game apps
Who this booklet is for
This publication is for savvy Android app builders who're trying to find specialist or complex concepts for porting, augmenting and construction 2nd and 3D video game apps which are complicated, enjoyable and profitable.
desk of Contents * Welcome to Android Gaming
* Gaming tips:
* extra Gaming tips: Hybrid 3D portraits with OpenGL and JNI
* effective images with OpenGL ES 2.0
* second Shooters with OpenGL: Doom-like App for Android
* 3D Shooters half I: Quake-like App
* 3D Shooters half II: Quake II
* Appendix: Deployment and Compilation counsel
Read or Download Advanced Android 4 Games PDF
Similar java books
Masking every little thing from Java and XML to Swing, Server-side Java, and Eclipse, this one-stop advisor will help you do object-oriented programming, create applets for the internet, learn and write XML facts, and lots more and plenty extra.
I actually loved this publication. i'm already a consumer of Spring, Hibernate, JUnit and pace. hence i discovered the mixing of Struts2 with those very important. i will be able to see the place others no longer versed in those could locate it a bit tough, however the pattern makes use of of those applied sciences are beautiful easy and easy.
Programming for Linguists: Java (TM) know-how for Language Researchers is a realistic advent to programming utilizing the Java Programming Language for linguists and comparable language pros.
The open resource JavaFX platform bargains a Java-based method of wealthy net software (RIA) improvement - an alternative choice to Adobe Flash/Flex and Microsoft Silverlight. At over a hundred million downloads, JavaFX is poised to be an important participant. This ebook is for Flash, Silverlight, and different RIA builders trying to use and combine JavaFX of their Java RIA functions, even if it really is for the laptop or cellular environments.
- Programmierung von verteilten Systemen und Webanwendungen mit Java EE: Erste Schritte in der Java Enterprise Edition
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial: Basic Concepts (4th Edition) (Java Series)
- The Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform
- Beginning JSP™, JSF™ and Tomcat™ Web Development: From Novice to Professional
Extra resources for Advanced Android 4 Games
We have effectively created a C to Java callback: (*env)->CallStaticVoidMethod(env, jNativesCls, mid , freq, channels, bits); This is the technique used to play audio in the Quake and Quake II engines demonstrated in this book. More details will be explained in those chapters. Now, let’s tackle video buffers. Cascading Video Events When it comes to handling video, game engine designers typically will decouple the rendering process from the actual drawing. This keeps the engine modularized and makes it easy to port to multiple platforms.
This will allow our game character to move and look simultaneously in 3D space. This technique will be put to the test in the Quake I & II chapters of this book. CHAPTER 2: Gaming Tricks for Phones or Tablets A WORD OF CAUTION ABOUT MULTITOUCH Before you think about implementing complex multitouch schemes on your game you shoud be aware that the Android multitouch API is very buggy (full of bogus pointers and false coordinates) in old devices such as the Motorola Droid 1 and first generation phones.
Now let’s look at some of the functions defined in Listing 2–5. In the next sections I describe some of the key tasks performed by these functions including: Converting a Java array of strings into a C array, performed by Java_jni_Natives_LibMain (the native implementation of Java’s LibMain). This function also illustrates how to get the size of a Java Array within C. 31 32 CHAPTER 2: Gaming Tricks for Phones or Tablets Invoking a Java static void method: This technique is illustrated by the jni_send_str function, and shows how you can efficiently call back a Java method from C.
Advanced Android 4 Games by Vladimir Silva